Below is a list of what we need to integrate your authentication service with Pugpig, this work is typically covered by Kaldor under a Pugpig Authentication Pack.
Before integration work can begin we need:
- An HTTPS (or HTTP) API that can be accessed from our Distribution platform. At a minimum we need the ability to send user credentials to the API (usually username/email and password), with the API responding returning yes, no or more information about their entitlements. Ideally the login call returns a token, which can be used for subsequent calls to the API.
- High level documentation explaining the API. For example, explain if the system is access based (an active user gets all content) or issue/time based (an active user only gets a limited set of editions).
- Access to a working endpoint - this can be a staging or production endpoint. Production is safe as the integration only makes read only calls. It doesn't write or change any data
- An example of every kind of user you have (active/lapsed/blacklisted/print only/etc/etc)
- Any business rules explaining how we should interpret the responses, although hopefully most of this is handled by the origin subscription system
- If the endpoint is restricted by IP address, and Kaldor are doing the integration on the Clouds Distribution Platform, you'll need to open access to the following IPs:
- 18.104.22.168 (Distribution Service - for Pro and Connect Customers)
- 22.214.171.124 (Distribution Service - for Pro and Connect Customers)
- 126.96.36.199 (Distribution Service - for Pro and Connect Customers)
- 188.8.131.52 (Kaldor Development Machines - all customers)