This report can be used to find out how many sessions unique users had per edition. In this case, we can find this information by using a standard Google Analytics report and adding a custom segment rather than creating a fully custom report. *This report is applicable to Pugpig Publish customers*
HOW TO VIEW THE REPORT
- View the Loyalty report by going to Audience > Behaviour > Loyalty
- This report shows us the number of app users by number of sessions. Eg. How many users had 1 session instance, how many users had 2 session instances etc.
- For example in the above diagram, there were 733 unique user sessions in the 1 Session Instance bracket which means that 733 unique users had 1 session in the selected time frame.
HOW TO FILTER THE REPORT BY EDITION
- To segment this data by edition you must create a custom segment.
- Click Add Segment
- Choose New Segment and under Advanced > Conditions
- In the Ad Content drop down select Pugpig Edition Name. Add the name of the edition you want to filter by, ‘13 August 2014’ or ‘Edition 23’...
- Then name and save your segment
- You can now view the number of times users accessed an individual edition within the specified report time frame
- In the below example 58 unique users accessed edition ‘13 August 2014’ once, 17 unique users accessed the edition 2 times….
A NOTE ON GOOGLE ANALYTICS METRIC DEFINITIONS
This report is a standard Google Analytics report and uses a lot of metrics defined by Google including Sessions and Avg. Session Duration. Google Analytics defines Sessions as "Total number of Sessions within the date range. A session is the period time a user is actively engaged with your website, app, etc. All usage data (Screen Views, Events, Ecommerce, etc.) is associated with a session". Please review Google Analytics own documentation if you want more information on how they define these metrics.