This article explains how to create a custom Google Analytics report that tells you what people are searching for in your Pugpig Publish application.
HOW TO CREATE THE CUSTOM REPORT
- In CUSTOMISATION > Custom Reports click New Custom Report
- Give your report a Title and a Name for the report tab, such as ‘Search Terms’
- Set the Type to be Explorer
- Add Total Events to the Metrics group
- Add Event Label > Event Category to Dimensions Drilldowns
- Then add a Filter with the condition include Event Action > Exact > 'SearchPerformed'
HOW TO FILTER YOUR REPORT FURTHER
- You may want to filter the report further to just show data for a specific edition. This can be done on the fly by setting a specific Pugpig Edition Name in the advanced section of your report screen.
- Alternatively, you can edit your original report and add the filter in the custom report form Filters section.
IMPORTING THIS CUSTOM REPORT TO YOUR OWN ACCOUNT
- Click here to import this report in your Google Analytics account.
A NOTE ON THE PUGPIG METRICS USED IN THIS REPORT
This report uses the Pugpig event SearchPerformed, an instance of this event along with the term searched for is tracked every time a search is performed in the app. The search term is recorded in the Event Label which is what we are surfacing in this report. If a user clicks the search button before adding a search term to the search bar the Event Label returned will be '(not set)'.